What Does It All Mean?

>> Saturday, May 2, 2009

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned to our church family at Hope that we are in the midst of a huge social transition on a global scale. That morning, I briefly touched on the philosophical shift that is taking place (and is occurring so quickly that we're really not sure where it's all headed just yet, despite all the defintions of "post-modernism" that various authors are proposing).

But consider for a moment the technological shift that is taking place. Heck, I remember being in Junior High when I was given my first digital watch. It was all black with a cool black faceplate. By pressing a little silver button on the side, the time would display in red numbers until I let go of the button. At the time, it was pretty amazing technology. (Remember that local access computers were just transitioning from punch cards to tape at the time; software for my dad's home computer actually came on a cassette tape.)

Now look at what's going on. Check out this great video, and ponder the question at the end...

1 comments:

Tonya May 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

No wonder I'm overwhelmed!

Back to TOP